Submitted by Donna on Wed, 08/26/2015 - 3:18pm
It’s almost time to celebrate eBay’s 20th anniversary, and whether or not you’re planning to attend We Are Twenty in San Jose on September 10th and 11th, there’s never been a better time to buy or sell eBay memorabilia. You might even want to bring some eBay-branded goodies to trade with other eBayers in San Jose.
These items are known as eBayana, and they’ve got their very own category on eBay. Just go to Collectibles > Advertising > eBayana. You can even find swag from the eBay Radio Party & Conference -- that would be eBayRadio-ana!
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 08/25/2015 - 8:41am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #610 on August 25, 2015, are:
- Danna Crawford, eBay Certified Business Consultant and Top-Rated Seller danna: Time Management for eBay Sellers
- Patty Coleman, eBay Education Specialist, Top-Rated Seller whoohoodepot and Organizer of the So-Cal Ecommerce Sellers Group: Rebooting Yourself and Your Business on eBay - How to Keep Moving Forward When Life Throws You a Curveball
- Andy Lawrence, Owner of Wholesale Help Community
- Cindy Sorley, eBay ID bubbacandance: Having Money Ready for a Spur-of-the-Moment Purchase
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 08/18/2015 - 8:56am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #609 on August 18, 2015, are:
- David Gruder, Chief Integrity & Collaboration Officer, Integrity Culture Systems; Board Member & Co-Head of Faculty, CEO Space International: Selling with Integrity
- Gladys Ramos, Top-Rated Seller antiques_r_great: Five Expert Tips for Getting Your Holiday Season Started Off Right
- Michelle Darden, eBay ID kamibeauty: It's Hot, So Take the Plunge - Increase Your Sales with International Shipping
- Leslie Weinstock, eBay ID lekili72: Selling Vintage Jewelry
Submitted by Donna on Mon, 08/17/2015 - 12:06pm
Here are some Labor Day selling tips from Audrey Tracy in the eBay for Business blog:
- Set your best discounts. Labor Day shoppers expect great deals, so if you are an eBay Stores subscriber, use Promotions Manager to create compelling offers.
- Back to School shoppers are still shopping. Labor Day weekend closes out the Back to School season, so keep your school-themed promotions and deals running through the entire weekend.
- Buyers are looking towards Fall. Start listing items that typically do well in the cooler months, such as sweaters, boots and outerwear. In addition, think about the items people buy when they plan to spend more time indoors, like video games, TVs, etc.
- Optimize for mobile. This applies to all holidays, and to selling on eBay in general, but it might be especially helpful for moms and dads scrambling to get everything done for Back to School and idle shoppers kicking back at those end-of-summer BBQs. We’re also rapidly approaching the point where more than 50% of people are shopping on mobile devices, so make sure your listings are optimized.
As you can see, this is a seller’s dream. It’s just a matter of serving up the right merchandise at the right time!
Read the whole article at http://for-business.ebay.com/preparing-holiday-selling-back-school-and-labor-day.
Submitted by Donna on Tue, 08/11/2015 - 1:00pm
eBay Collections, like Pinterest and Instagram, is a wonderful way to promote your items…and they’ve gotten even better! Now eBay automatically updates your collections when items are relisted.
You'll still need to refresh any items that were relisted before eBay made their update, but refreshing your collections is easy:
Delete the ended item from your collection.
- Go to My Collections at eBay dot com slash cln slash your eBay ID (linked under your user ID on your My eBay page)
- Select a collection.
- Click "See similar items" on your expired item.
- If the item was relisted, add it to your collection.
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 08/11/2015 - 9:10am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #608 on August 11, 2015, are:
- Tod Cohen, Vice President and Deputy General Counsel for Global Government Relations, eBay Inc.: Update from eBay Main Street - Internet Sales Tax and Cross-Border Trade
- Jennifer Taggart, Attorney and Top-Rated Seller lashopaholic: Preparing Your Business for Your Untimely Death
- Lahav Gan, CEO of Campaign GO: How Sales Benefit Your Business
- Kistine Diemoz, eBay Inc.: We Are Twenty
- Rich Siok, Top-Rated Seller appealingsigns: Marketing Your eBay Listings
- Stephanie Inge, Owner of Virtual Training Camp, Education Specialist and Top-Rated Seller stephintexas: My eBay Life
Submitted by Donna on Fri, 08/07/2015 - 10:54am
Here is a list of the basic tools you need to begin selling on eBay. You'll need to have them on hand before you list your first item. Remember, you can buy all of these on eBay, if you don’t already own them:
- Tissue paper, so you can wrap up your item before it goes into the shipping box. Make it feel like a gift.
- Shipping box or padded envelope. USPS Priority Mail boxes are free…available online or at your local post office.
- Heavy-duty shipping tape
- Box cutter or heavy-duty scissors
- Tape measure
- Postal scale that weighs in ounces and pounds. Start with a scale that goes from one ounce to 25 pounds.
Let the first 10 items you list be something you don't care about, and not very expensive. Learn with items in your own closet that you no longer use, but that are wanted by buyers. Research is the very first thing you do. Check comparable sold listings to determine an item’s eBay value. Then list list list!
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 08/04/2015 - 8:42am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #607 on August 4, 2015, are:
- John Lawson, CEO, ColderIce Media: Facebook Advertising for eBay Sellers
- Charlene Anderson, Owner of The Anderson Group, LLC, and Top-Rated Seller purveyorallthingscreative: Overcoming Obstacles in Your Business on eBay
- Tim Chapman, eBay ID mr.customerservice: 7 Negotiating Tips for Estate Sales and Swap Meets
- Robbin Levin, Top-Rated Seller beadsshine and Organizer of the New England eBay & eCommerce Seller Group: 5 Things All New Sellers Should Know
- Patricia Whitlock, Top-Rated Seller theshoppingmom2: 3 Places to Score Free or Almost Free Items to Sell on eBay
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 07/28/2015 - 9:04am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #606 on July 28, 2015, are:
- Audrey Tracy, Social Media Manager, eBay for Business: Optimizing Your Listings for Mobile Buyers
- Sharon Ware, Founder of Dandelion Consulting and an eBay Certified Business Consultant: Stop Your Stinkin' Thinkin' And Your Saddy Addy From Sabotaging Your Business!
- Aron Hsiao, Marketing Communication Manager, Terapeak: New Sourcing Partnership Between Terapeak and Alibaba
- Cie Bay, Top-Rated Seller cie-bay: eBay Customer Service Strategies for Sellers
- Amy Warren, Top-Rated Seller ijwsmommy: eBay Giving Works
Submitted by Donna on Fri, 07/24/2015 - 10:28am
Audrey Tracy does a great job of answering this question in the eBay for Business blog...
Fixed price is the right format most of the time. Ask yourself if:
- You know the value of your item
- You know the exact price you need to get for the item
- You have more than one to sell
- You have a lot of items to list and want to minimize the cost of listing
- You want a listing to last longer than 10 days
- You’re willing to negotiate, using the Best Offer option
Auction format is the best option if you have only one of an item and don’t know for how much it might sell. Make sure you check Sold listings on eBay, or use Terapeak or Worthpoint, to help determine its value.
Read more (and subscribe to eBay for Business) at http://for-business.ebay.com.
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 07/21/2015 - 8:52am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #605 on July 21, 2015, are:
- Katherine Terrill, eBay Education Specialist and Top-Rated Seller nycfitnessfamilyfinds: Igniting Your 4th-Quarter Sales
- Cindy Hallsted, Top-Rated Seller pattycyn and Organizer of the Surf's Up eBay San Diego Sellers Group: How to Learn from Teaching
- Nadene Shearstone, Top-Rated Seller colbre*dazzle: Juggling eBay Selling with a LOT of Other Stuff Going On!
- Miriam Otto, Top-Rated Seller designershirtsandmore and Author of The eBay Life Blog: Making Money on the Road
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 07/14/2015 - 9:24am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #604 on July 14, 2015, are:
- Beth Donahue Cherkowsky, eBay ID woadieland: Using TurboLister to Your Own Best Advantage
- Marsha Collier, Author of the eBay and Social Media For Dummies Series, Newly @Verified on Twitter and Top-Rated Seller marsha_c: Success Takes Work — There are No Quick Fixes!
- Carolyn "CJ" Jacinto, eBay Education Specialist/Certified Business Consultant and Top-Rated Seller xoxmas: How to Keep Track of Your Inventory (So You Can Find Items When They Sell)
- Jessika Janusak, eBay ID no2retailprices: Making the Leap - and Looking for Growth in All the Right Places
- Tim Taylor, eBay ID timat618: Overcoming the Obstacle of Having a Disability - and Selling on eBay
Submitted by eBay Radio Team on Tue, 06/30/2015 - 9:04am
Our guests for eBay Radio Show #603 on June 30, 2015, are:
- Deborah Goytia, Top-Rated Seller pinchingpesos: Listing Stale or Old Unlisted Inventory
- Joe Lee, Product Manager, PromotePictures: Using PromotePictures to Help You Sell
- Roger Keyserling, eBay ID keywebco: Product-Source With A Goal
- Joel Elad, Author, Education Specialist and Top-Rated Seller joel.elad: What I Learned at the eBay Radio Party & Conference
- Patty Coleman, eBay Education Specialist and Top-Rated Seller whoohoodepot: 5 Lessons Learned at the eBay Radio Party & Conference