2017 Fall Seller Update: Sell More with These New Initiatives
22 Sep 2017
Bob Kupbens assured us during last Tuesday’s show that the 2017 Fall Seller Update is designed to help people find what they want on eBay. The goal is to help sellers create the right offers — and get your listings in front of more buyers. We encourage all of you to read the ENTIRE Seller Update at eBay.com/Fall2017 and learn how to implement these new initiatives to help you sell more this Fall. The update is broken into three major categories:
1. Listing Visibility
You’ll be able to increase exposure with eBay Guaranteed Delivery, Markdown Manager and Promotions Manager updates, bundles and lots, and eBay Questions & Answers…Q&A for short.
- eBay Guaranteed Delivery will offer buyers delivery times they can count on. It will also provide greater visibility for your items, because buyers will be able to filter items by delivery dates in their searches. eBay Guaranteed Delivery will be available to all buyers this Fall.
- Markdown Manager is now integrated into Promotions Manager to create a streamlined marketing tool. Starting this Fall, you’ll be able to mark down items and automatically create sale events of up to 45 days duration using the same convenient tool you already use to create Order Discounts and other promotions.
- Gain extra exposure for multiple-item listings with bundle and lot listings. A bundle is a combination of related items, while a lot is 2 or more of the same item.
- Give buyers information they need with Questions & Answers, a.k.a. Q&A.
2. Policy updates to improve performance
- Removal of off-eBay links, listings security, product identifier expansion, image guidelines, and eBay Catalog update
- Remove contact info and links that take buyers off eBay
- Secure your listings with https pages only on eBay
- Expanded requirement for product identifiers
- Image policy changes include removing watermarks from all eBay photos
- Matching new listings to the eBay catalog. Beginning in Spring 2018, when you create new listings or manage those that are already active on the site, your items will automatically be matched to products like yours in the eBay catalog. eBay will use the product identifiers you provide in your listings to find product matches for the item you’re selling
- Easier returns for you and your buyers
- Benefits of offering free returns with search options
- Restocking fee no longer permitted with free returns
- Automatic acceptance of returns beginning in October 2107
Read the entire 2017 Fall Seller Update at eBay.com/Fall2017.